Volunteer with the Fish
Now accepting summer volunteers and interns.
RSVP for the orientation day on
Saturday June 7, 2014 (10:00 a.m.)
or Sunday June 8, 2014 (1 p.m.)
Always wanted to volunteer "with the fish?" Looking to get a head start on your senior project or community service? Want to build your resume or do you like to help out and teach other people about our underwater environment?
Support our educational mission to teach people about our beautiful underwater world and volunteer with us.
assist the tour guides
- help with arts and crafts
(i.e. Gyotaku fish print and shell carving)
- interpret animals at our tide pool animal touch area
- assist during our guided reef walks
- have a lot of fun and learn about marine life
Interested to do even more than this? Look into signing up for a mini-internship.
How do I get started?
RSVP for one of our volunteer orientation days (see right column).
On this day, you will have a chance to tour our Marine Center, ask questions, and sign up to become a volunteer.
High school and home school students:
Must be 16 years or older to be a volunteer (underage volunteers need parental consent).
Be willing to commit to volunteer for at least 6 half-days during the summer
(~20 hours total).
Be able to attend one of the volunteer orientation days.
Knowledge about fish is not needed, we will teach you everything.
We accept students in their junior or senior year in high school.
Home schooled students are welcome to apply as well.
Younger than 16? Please contact us for the possibilities.
Download volunteer sign-up form
Marine Center Internship
Do you have an interest in marine science, ocean animals, or education? Are you looking for a place to get some real life hands-on experience that can help you prepare for your dream job? Look no further. The Living Art Marine Center offers un-paid part-time internship opportunities for high school and college students pursuing a career in Animal Husbandry, Marketing & Sales, or Education. Download detailed program information.
|Help out with public outreach and education days.
||You will be able to print your own volunteer t-shirt.
||Learn about shallow water creatures during the reef walks.
1. are at least 16 years old and enrolled in high school or college
2. are able to commit to 8 hours per week for the duration of 2 months total.
3. are comfortable, responsible, and respectful around live animals as well as guests.
4. can arrange their own transportation to the Marine Center.
How do I sign up?
1. Get valuable hands-on experience in the field of Marine Science & Animal Husbandry, Education, and Marketing & Sales.
2. Flexible schedule.
3. More responsibilities and opportunities than regular volunteer work.
4. We'll work with your college or school to get school credit.
Application package includes:
1. Application form.
2. Statement of interest - let us know about your interests and why you are applying.
3. Signed waiver form.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send by regular mail.
Living Art Marine Center
attn: Education Department
3239 Ualena Street
Honolulu HI 96819
Summer 2014 Internship application deadline: Sunday June 8, 2014.
Volunteers learn about Aquaponics and help in our Aquaponics Garden.
Walk the reef with us and learn about the Hawaiian eco-system.
Assist with school and outreach programs.
Learn how to set-up and maintain salt water aquariums.
Mahalo to our interns from Queen Lili'uokalani Children's Center and Assets School for their hard work.